It’s officially Academy Awards day! The stars will be getting ready for their stroll down the red carpet and we are starting our prep for the Best Oscar Menu!
So, to continue our recipe explosion, I know you want to create these two delectable desserts. Again, really easy and really delicious – and work so well in our Oscar Menu 2012!
My mom has been creating the following apple delight for years – it’s one of my favorite desserts and she’s actually making this for us tonight! Follow the steps and you’ll have an awe-inspiring dish of “t-art”:
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup flour: Cream first 3 ingredients on low speed. Blend in flour. Spread evenly onto bottom and sides of a 9″ spring form pan.
3. 1 – 8 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla: Combine soft cream cheese with sugar. Add egg & vanilla. Pour into the pan.
4. 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 4 cups sliced apples (granny smith, red delicious), 1/2 cup sliced almonds: Combine sugar & cinnamon. Toss with the apples. Arrange over the cream cheese. Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 400°. Bake for 25 minutes. Put it on a cooling rack.
7. 2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons apricot jam: Melt butter. Add jam to the melted butter and stir to create glaze. Drizzle over the torte. Then place it back in the oven for no more than 1 minute – you don’t want to burn the almonds Then set on the cooling rack and leave in pan until cool. Remove pan. Serve with ice cream, fresh whipped cream, etc.