Button mushrooms are so good. The taste, the texture, the versatility! Pop the stems and you have a delightful edible cup that can contain a variety of fillings. One of my favorite ways to make them is to stuff them with a bread crumb mixture.
It couldn’t be more simple! Take a look here:
• 12 large mushrooms
• 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
• 1 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 400°. Stem and clean the mushrooms, then put to the side.
2) Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
3) Spoon into the mushrooms.
4) Place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are browned.
That’s it! They are a simply wonderful appetizer or hors d’oeuvres that go well with many different dishes. It will be hard not to “sample” all of them by yourself!