One potato, two potato, three potato, four! When you have this pie, you’re going to want MORE! 🙂
The potato is a universal tuber. Everyone loves them in one form or another. There’s a tendency to go “traditional” – baked, mashed, or fried. It’s time to elevate the lowly potato into this pie.
Here’s how to make it:
• 3 lb potatoes
• 1 large onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 6 tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
• Salt & pepper to taste
1) Peel and chop the potatoes. Place in a pot. Add water and boil until a fork easily pierces them.
2) While the potatoes boil, melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until translucent and set aside.
3) Preheat the oven to 350°. When the potatoes are tender, strain and place back in the pot. Add the garlic onion mixture and the grated cheese. Mash. Add salt & pepper to taste. Continue to mash until smooth.
4) Spoon into an oven-safe casserole dish. Bake for 25-35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
The crispy edges, the tender buttery potato center with the cheese… spud heaven!