Cod fish is such a “meaty”, fresh fish. I love discovering new combinations to incorporate it into my dishes.
As for prosciutto, it is an indulgence I really adore. And when it gets a little crispy, it’s heaven!
These bites compliment a host of menus or you can cut the pieces of cod larger and you’ve got a main course!
This elegant and really yummy appetizer marries the ingredients beautifully and can be created in just a few minutes!
Here’s how to make them:
• 3 lb cod fish
• 1/2 lb prosciutto, sliced thin
• 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary
• 1/8 tsp fresh thyme
• 1/2 tsp olive oil
• 1 lemon
1) Cut fish into 1” cubes and put in a bowl. Add olive oil and strip in thyme leaves. Chop rosemary and add it to the bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon into the bowl and coat the fish well.
3) Slice the prosciutto lengthwise into strips and roll each piece of fish in a strip.
2) While the potatoes boil, melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until translucent and set aside.
3) Turn on the oven broiler. Place the fish on an oven-safe rack in a baking dish and sprinkle on a bit more thyme and rosemary. Place in the oven and cook for 3 minutes. Turn each cod bite over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven, squeeze with more lemon to taste, and serve immediately.
They’re a perfect balance of salty, fresh, and bright flavors.