When it’s time for a chocolate indulgence, you want something gooooooood. I’ve got the perfect thing. They don’t take much time to make and use just a touch of flour so they’re denser and richer than the average chocolate cake! These adorable chocolate cakelettes will be your new favorite.
Click here to see how it’s done!
• 6 tbsp butter
• 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tbsp flour
• 3 large eggs, separated
• 2 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
• 2 tbsp water
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1) Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in cocoa and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Blend until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Blend in flour. Beat in egg yolks. Stir in water.
2) In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating just until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Blend thoroughly.
3) Evenly divide into a greased and floured 12-cup muffin pan.
4) Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from the pan onto a wire rack.
5) To make the glaze, melt 2 tbsp butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add 2 tbsp cocoa and 2 tbsp water. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Do not boil.
6) Remove from heat and add vanilla. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, beating until smooth. Frost each cakelette.
Serve with fresh strawberries… raspberry sauce… whipped cream… your favorite ice cream! Pop one into a lunch box! Give yourself a treat after a hard day. Your most deep chocolate cravings will be satisfied.