NOTE: Don’t miss one taste of KitchAnnette! We launched our new site and rolled the blog directly into it so please re-subscribe/follow at http://KitchAnnette.com. You can also directly subscribe to our YouTube channel from the new site. Check the sidebars! THANKS!
You say “po-tay-to”, I say “po-tah-to” is a blip from an old song but no matter how you pronounce it, you know you want some! The ways to prepare potatoes are many indeed so what’s one more?
Making Petite Potato Piles is a snap. We’ve got a version you won’t be able to get enough of – parm and parsley!
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium potatoes
• 1/2 cup parmigiano cheese, shredded
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
1) Using a muffin tin, lightly grease 6 cups.
2) Wash and cut the whole potato to the right size of the cups, then into thin slices.
3) Place 2 slices in a cup, top with parsley, salt & pepper, and cheese. Add another layer and do the same until you’re at the top of the cup. Pour a tablespoon of heavy cream over each, then finish with cheese. Repeat for each cup.
4) Bake at 400° until they’re golden brown and tender, about 30-35 minutes. Use a spoon to lift them out. When you remove them from the pan, you might have to run a knife around the sides if they’re sticking.
5) Top with a few drops of olive oil.
The crunch with the tender potatoes, the cheesiness… yeah! The more the merrier! Double the quantities and make more piles!! We’ll be sharing another version after the Oscars®.