NOTE: Don’t miss one taste of KitchAnnette! We launched our new site and rolled the blog directly into it so please re-subscribe/follow at http://KitchAnnette.com. You can also directly subscribe to our YouTube channel from the new site. Check the sidebars! THANKS!
This side dish is based on the movie, “BROOKLYN”… it’s “BROOCOLYNI”! Broccolini with Garlic & Lemon.
My dad Carmine suggested this dish right out of the gate. It is the perfect complement to the rich “The Big Short Ribs” main course.
Here’s how to create it:
• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 6 large cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 bunch broccolini
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 lemon, juiced
1) Drizzle 2 tbsp oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. When it starts to get warm, add the garlic.
2) When the garlic starts to brown, add the broccolini – beware any splattering oil. Season with salt & pepper. Add 2 tbsp oil and cover.
3) Check after about 5-10 minutes – the broccolini should be a deeper green and tender rather than a faded olive green and limp.
4) Remove from heat and plate. Spoon the garlic over the top, pour on the remaining oil, and finish with a drizzle of lemon juice.
Broccolini is often bitter but not when it’s sautéed this way. It’s sweet and flavorful, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-mt8up1F7Awhich goes so well with the nutty garlic. The lemon finishes it with a fresh burst of flavor. You might want a good piece of bread to sop up the olive-y, garlicky, lemony juice!