NOTE: Don’t miss one taste of KitchAnnette! We launched our new site and rolled the blog directly into it so please re-subscribe/follow at http://KitchAnnette.com. You can also directly subscribe to our YouTube channel from the new site. Check the sidebars! THANKS!
Our salad is based on the movie, “SPOTLIGHT”… it’s “SPROUTLIGHT”! Brussel Sprouts & Radicchio Salad with Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette.
It’s more of a slaw-style salad. It’s refreshing and light however I couldn’t shake how good sprouts are with bacon so in it went! The pecans add even more flavor and texture. The zesty vinaigrette rounds out the dish!
Here’s how to create it:
• 1 lb brussel sprouts
• 1 head radicchio
• 5 strips bacon, cooked
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 shallot, chopped finely
• 2 tbsp pecans, chopped
1) Wash and finely chop the brussel sprouts and radicchio. Place in a large bowl.
2) Chop the bacon into small pieces. Add to the bowl.
3) in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix in the shallots. Pour over salad.
4) Sprinkle pecans into the salad. Toss the salad well.
Salads are not just about dieting all the time. This one is “wicked good” like the movie it’s representing.